New Nevada Updates complete a 9 guide series covering the 577-miles of American Discovery Trail desert!
The ADT Guide's Nevada Segments 7 and 8, from the Pancake Range (above) to Preston, complete a series of 9 guides full of information on the difficult and desolate crossing of the aridest section of the trail. What some call the Achilles Heel of the ADT, the 577 miles from Virginia City, Nevada to Beaver, Utah are nearly impossible to conquer solo – and certainly not without preplanning, water caching, and mental and physical support.
A few hearty soles have accomplished it, and their notes, tips, and water reports have been captured in The ADT Guide's new 368 waypoints and 276 pages of maps of the deserts and mountain ranges of Nevada and Utah! It's a great head start to planning!
What Else is New?
Recent Crowdsourced Adds and Subtractions
- California 5 - Cliff House restaurant in Folsom added - AuthenticKT'21
- Nevada 6 and 7 - At the junction of the two segments (end of Segment 6 and beginning of Segment 7), noted a successful water cache and dispersed campsite - B&C'12
- Nevada 3 Westbound - Added correction for ADTS databook – road mentioned in S30180 is actually a wash.
- Nebraska 1-3 - Coordinates and elevations added to all waypoints.
- Delaware 1 - Dispersed campsite added - Crazy Vet'21