Hiking America Guides and Map updates to the American Discovery Trail span four time zones in this week's roundup. Two detours around Buckeye Trail's Scioto section, addressing maintenance and overgrowth challenges.
- Segment 1: Added a new resupply spot near Elizabethtown. 🛒
- Segment 2: Upgraded Trail Angel Chris Frey to Superstar status! 🌟
- Segment 5: Updated Serpent Mount campsite contact info. 🏕️
- Segment 6: We have included two new detours complete with turn-by-turn directions, maps and Gaia GPS route and datapoints to bypass faded and overgrown sections of the Buckeye Trail Scioto Section.
Benefit: The detours are 2.91 miles shorter! 🔄
All of the above are suggested by MichelleStrong'23.
Indiana - South - Updates
- Segment 4Alt: Updates on a resupply store with hot case food and Porto Potty. 🍽️
- Segment 5: Updated hours of a resupply store in the Leavenworth area and added information about a dispersed campsite with a restroom that's "the most disgusting on the trail yet." 💩
- Segment 8: Added new Trail Angel information for Lexington, Indiana.
All of the above are suggested by RayRey'23.
- Segment 9: Additional information and a positive review of the Trail Angels in Madison, IN. Additional campground information in Friendship. 👼
HT-RayRey'23 & MichelleStrong'23
Nebraska 8 - Removed detour in Omaha on a section of Keystone Trail at Blondo Street. It was closed for storm drainage improvements from May 1 to May 31 but now reopened. ⛈️.
- Segment 4 - New services Hiker Notes to include food, water, and restroom. Added the opinion of Medicare Pastor concerning crossing the Antioch Bridge. Okay, for hikers, but drainage grates could flip bikers. -
- Segments 7 & 8 - Removed the Mosquito Fire Closure notice.🔥 The Western States Trail has been reopened following a herculean restoration effort before the Western States 100 race.